East Orange Shooting Sports offers a variety of firearm safety classes. We offer a class for introduction to firearms safety, concealed firearm license class and more. We want to help you become safer and more proficient as you learn about firearms.
This class is intended for someone new to the shooting sports or just looking for a refresher on safety and marksmanship. No experience is required. If you own a firearm, you may use it for the class. Otherwise, we will provide one for you to use. Please call to schedule.
- About 1 hour long.
- Classes are one-on-one. If you want to take this class with a friend or family member, please inform the instructor ahead of time.
- This class does not meet the training standards for Florida’s CFL.
This class meets or exceeds the standards and guidelines established by the state of Florida for the “Concealed Weapon or Firearm License”.
- Not for first-time shooters. If you are new to shooting, please refer to our Introduction to Safety & Marksmanship class.
- About 3 hours long.
- This is for a civilian firearm owner who’s seeking to lawfully carry a firearm in the state of Florida.
- Non-Florida residents can also take this class.
- Adults under age 21 can take this class but we cannot rent firearms or sell ammunition to you. You must wait until your 21st birthday to submit the application.
- Topics covered:
- basic firearms safety and handling
- firearm selection and specialization
- modes and methods of carry
- review of the Florida Statutes, focusing on lawful carrying of concealed firearms
- ‘Castle Doctrine’ and ‘use of force’ statutes and laws
- the application process, including how to fast-track your application
- You must bring:
- Government-issued photo identification
- A handgun in good working order that you are comfortable operating. If you do not have a handgun, rentals are available at an additional cost.
- 20-25 rounds of ammunition for the handgun.
- Application packets are provided, so you do not need to bring one.
- We recommend registering before the class because class size is limited to 24 students. You can register for the class in person or by phone. At this time we don’t accept registration online or via email.
- The cost of the class is $50 + tax ($53.25). This doesn’t include the $112 processing fee paid to the state of Florida.